Determine What Campus Services You Need for Your Event
Required Campus Services for Your Event
UCLA is almost a city unto itself, with numerous departments that provide required services and approvals for events on campus. Among these services are:
- Parking and traffic control arrangements from Parking Services
- Approval of event layouts and safety compliance by Fire and Life Safety
- Temporary Food Facility Permit from Environment, Health and Safety
- Security from the UC Police Department
- Room openings and venue clean-up from Facilities Management
- Ticket printing and sales through the Central Ticket Office
- Press coverage coordination through Media Relations
- Approval of fund raising events by UCLA External Affairs
How Do You Know What Services to Order for Your Event?
There are two recommended ways:
1) To assure that all the necessary services are ordered, work with one of the campus event planning departments or the event management staff for your venue. They can advise you on what services are required for your event and make the arrangements. Refer to "Event Planning Departments" in the Related Information section to find the appropriate assistance.
2) If you are planning the event on your own, refer to the "To Do" list that is generated by UCLA Events Online (EOL) when you submit the EOL application to confirm your venue reservation. This list is customized for your event and provides instructions on what campus services to order.