Use Event Planning Tools and Worksheets
A timeline is organized chronologically by date and may include tasks, staff assignments, program notes and their corresponding deadlines.
- Event Timeline: The event timeline outlines the tasks to accomplish for the event from month-to-month, week-to-week, and day-to-day. It looks at the entire event planning process from start to finish.
- Printed Materials Timeline: The printed materials timeline outlines the deadline dates pertaining to the printed material design, printing and mailing.
A schedule includes tasks, staff assignments and program notes or cues centering on the days preceding and the day of the event. It is organized by time of day.
- Event Schedule: The event schedule outlines the different event components based on date, time and location.
- Program Schedule: The program schedule outlines the different individuals and components that make up the spoken or performed program based on date and time of day.
- Production Schedule: The production schedule details from setup to strike each aspect, task, duty and cue to be completed in the days preceding and during the event. It is categorized by date and time.
See the attached worksheets to assist you with planning specific event components: catering, rental, speaker, venue and volunteer.