Guide to Making Event Payments
Paying for your event in a timely manner is critical. Please note the following to guide you in making payments on behalf of your organization:
- Where is the money coming from? If it is from an off-campus organizational account then a check or money order will usually be acceptable with any on-campus vendor. CASH IS USUALLY NOT ACCEPTED OR A GOOD IDEA!
- If your organization has received money from a funding board there are specific guidelines as to how the money can be spent. Your organization will not receive a check for you to make payments. Rather, you must file the appropriate paperwork for the specific funding board to generate proper payment such as an LVO (limited value order), requisition, recharge number or check issued to vendor.
- Make sure that when you receive an allocation from a funding board you fully understand the process that must be utilized to access the funds.
- Most funding boards will make specific allocations for your event and they require that the money be spent in the manner that it was allocated.
- Speak to your Student Organizations Leadership and Engagement advisor if you have questions regarding paying for your event.
Student Organizations Leadership and Engagement
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (310) 825-7041
105 Kerkchoff Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90024-1607
UCLA Mail Code 160706
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.