Items to Consider When Defining Marketing Concepts
1. Will the invitation be printed or electronic?
- If printed, type of invitation: card, postcard, flier, newsletter?
- Number of pieces to be mailed
- When do you want the invitations to arrive in homes?
- Which alumni would be most interested?
- Decide if invitations are mailed at a first class or nonprofit rate. For nonprofit mailings, add three weeks to the “In Homes” deadline.
2. Build in sufficient lead time for concept, approvals, design and production
- For events that solicit money, add an additional two weeks for University approval process.
3. RSVP method
- By telephone, mail or e-mail. Determine contact information.
4. Language of the invitation
- Date, time and place
- Parking lot number and directions
- RSVP information
- For invitations with solicitations (events designed to raise funds)
- Cost and payment methods
- Tax deductibility
- Disclosure statement
UCLA Alumni Association
Email: AlumniClubs@UCLAlumni.net | Phone: (310) 825-2586| Fax: (310) 825-8678